About Me

My name is Samantha Ramirez, i am 15 years old and my birthday is on September 30. I enjoy playing soccer and practicing my flag work.

Thursday, November 10, 2016

Veterans Day


  1. Veterans day is a holiday that occurs on the day that WW1 ended. It honors all victims and veterans from the war.
  2. Veterans day is on November 11
  3. The purpose of veterans day is to honor all people who were in WW1.
  4. I think it is important because its a way of acknowledging all the sacrifices they made while serving their country.
  5. Attend a veterans day event, Hang up a flag,Visit the gravesite of a veteran, Ask a veteran about their time in the military and really listen to the answer.
  6. veterans-day-image.jpgwhat-is-veterans-day.png
  7. Veterans day is sometimes confused with memorial day to some people. Memorial Day (the fourth Monday in May) honors American service members who died in service to their country or as a result of injuries incurred during battle, while Veterans Day pays tribute to all American veterans living or dead but especially gives thanks to living veterans who served their country.
  8. Being able to honor veterans makes me feel happy. It makes me feel happy because knowing of everything they did to protect our countries was hard work. It was scary, hurtful, tiring. They did all they could and always fought for our rights. It makes me happy because without them we wouldn't have the rights we have today. The least i can do is honor them for who they are as a person and for serving our country.

No comments:

Post a Comment