About Me

My name is Samantha Ramirez, i am 15 years old and my birthday is on September 30. I enjoy playing soccer and practicing my flag work.

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Thanks Giving

Thanksgiving is a national holiday celebrated primarily in the United States and Canada as a day of giving thanks for the blessing of the harvest of the preceding Several other places around the world observe similar celebrations. It is celebrated on the fourth Thursday of November in the United States and on the second Monday of October in Canada. Prayers of thanks and special thanksgiving ceremonies are common among almost all regions after harvests and at other times. The thanksgiving holiday’s history in North America is rooted in English traditions dating from the Protestant Reformation. Pilgrims and Puritans who began emigrating from England in the 1620’s and 1630’s carried the tradition of Days of Fasting and Days of Thanksgiving with them to New England. Thanksgiving proclamations were made mostly by church leaders in New England up until 1682 and then both state and church leaders until after the American Revolution. Thanksgiving, currently celebrated on the fourth Thursday in November by federal legislation in 1941, had been an annual tradition in the United States by presidential proclamation since 1863 and by state legislation since the founding fathers of the United States. Historically, Thanksgiving has traditionally been a celebration of the blessings of the (agricultural) year, including the harvest year.


Reflection: Thanksgiving is a day to sit around a table and be thankful for what you have.

12 Things I Am Thankful For
Ø  My Health
Ø  My Family
Ø  My Phone
Ø  My Education
Ø  My Friends
Ø  My Parents
Ø  Food that is given to me
Ø  People who care for me
Ø  My idols
Ø  My cousins
Ø  My Clothes, Shoes etc.

Ø  Everything I Have

No comments:

Post a Comment